2 lbs (1 kg) small new potatoes
1 1/2 lbs (800 g) Swiss raclette cheese, cut into slices
Tip: Other cheeses such as Tilsit, Appenzeller & Emmental can also be used.
Other side dish possibilities:
Dried meats, proscuitto, parma ham, etc.
Baguettes, Gherkins, pickled onions, fresh pepper
- Wash the potatoes and boil them in their skin until cooked.
- Place the potatoes, cheese and all the side dishes on the table.
- Place a slice of cheese into raclette dish and place under the grill to melt (Raclette cheese can also be melted in the oven under the broiler).
- When the cheese has melted scrape onto potatoes, gherkins and pickled onions.
- Grind fresh pepper on top and enjoy with dried meats and baguette.